In this thread, I will share the modification of my Ender 5+.
It may inspire someone and others may have much better suggestions for improvements
Feel free to provide me with constructive criticism or ask questions about why I am doing certain things
Minor task of rebuild:
- swap of hotend to BIQU H2
- swap original wheels on axis to linear rails MNG
- instal of new Bigtreetech SKR 3 EZ motherboard
- design and printing parts for linear rails, hotend mount etc.
- i want to rebuilt it with klipper on raspberry
Czech version here
After almost month it’s good to give update
install linear rails
find/design mount onto MNG9H rail carrier for Y axis
find new proper way to tension belts
Let’s dive little deeper
Instalation of linear rails
Part of progress with most changes
I wanna buy MNG12H but firend of mine got spare MNG9H to give me for free.
But until instalation I have no idea that bring so many new troubles
MNG12 are wider so for MNG9 willbe needed print and use spacer
smaller rails means smaller mounting screws so M3 => need to buy screws and Tnuts
most of people used MNG12H so for MNG9 are almost no models shared
Luckily I found those spacer under rail on Printables
For tension I used published models
Tension of X axis
For Y axis tension I used remix of previous model
X axis mount
For mount X axis onto Y axis carriers I couldn’t find any design so I design my own model.
I’m really looking forward to this project!