Print queue in Karmen and support for Jobox automation

Hi there,

Since we always invest a significant amount of time in research and development (R&D), we are happy to announce that, in the pursuit of integrating Jobox automation for Prusa Mk printers with Karmen, we have developed the Print Queue. If you have Jobox configured with your printer, prints can now start automatically whenever the printer is in a “ready to print” state.

Is the Print Queue useful for you even if you don’t have Jobox? Yes, you can use the Print Queue as a means of organizing your work.

The flow within the Print Queue is as follows:

• Queue: A list of G-codes to be printed. You can add more items from G-codes.
  • Printing: A list of items currently being printed.
  • Completed: These G-codes have already been printed. Check the physical product that has been printed, and then archive it or print it again.
  • Archive: These are your previously printed G-codes. You can keep them here and reprint them anytime in the future when you need them.

What do you need to do to access the Print Queue functionality?

It’s quite simple. Just log in to the Test version of Karmen at the following URL: https://test.karmen.tech/ Your login credentials are the same as those for the production version of Karmen.

To “enable” Jobox automatical prints, go to the printer settings and turn on “Jobox available” switch.

Enable Jobox in printer settings

Then, when you edit/add any item to Print Queue, you will have ability to check “Start printjob automatically”.

(It may take few seconds before print will be started automatically after print queue item is updated by you.)

Since this new ‘Print queue’ feature is still in development, we’ll be very happy to receive any feedback from you. It will help us stay on the right path in terms of what we believe is best for you, our beloved users, and what really is best for you.

P.S.: Do you know Jobox? It can play :musical_note: with Karmen very well. :innocent:

Have a nice weekend.

Martin Bilek

I will be very happy for any feedback from you guys. cc:/ @adam @josef.liska_karmen

Hi @semik I would add some features/changes.

• be able to delete whole Printing queue
  • copy any gcode multiple times at once
  • move some gcode in printing queue (e.g. from last place to next print)
  • be able to mark multiple gcode as Automatic "If I forgot to… :sweat_smile: "

Still awesome feature :clap:

Thanks for your feedback! Our print queue is still in early ages. We have big plans with queue and especially in connection with Jobox automation. We have presented Jobox on MakerFaire in Brno this weekend and nearly everyone who visit our booth was amazed. You can see some photos and videos on our socials…

But again, thanks for your feedback and once we move print queue into new level, I’ll let you know.

https://twitter.com/Karmen3D/

Thanks,
Martin

1 Like

We will soon deploy the ‘Print Queue’ functionality on production servers. Since this feature is still in its early stages and may not be necessary for users without automation (like Jobox), we have created advanced settings where you must enable the print queue first. If you are missing the ‘Print Queue,’ please go to workspace settings and enable this functionality.

1 Like

Hey there! Here, you can find the link to the updated documentation page about the print queue and Jobox solution.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I would like to share that we are offering a special discount for Karmen users interested in purchasing Jobox. Feel free to contact us for the special link!

Wish you all the best and a lot of fun with your 3D printers in the new year.

1 Like